Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 244 - blue and purple feathers


These are fantastic. And they come with a fun story too.

I was wandering around Kalk Bay with my mum (yes, buying earrings) and we went into one of the Boho stores along the main road. The girl behind the counter was wearing a pair of the blue feathers and I was immediately smitten with them. She pointed out that they sold them in a variety of colours. Including purple. Sold!

Suaad (for such was her name) approved of my choice, saying she had been contemplating the purple ones too and had taken an inordinately long time to make the decision. I completely understood: choosing between two such wondrous pairs is an important decision and cannot be made lightly.

At which point, I had an epiphany: if we swapped, we could both have both colours and avoid the decision entirely. Win win! So we did, though Suaad's colleague clearly thought we were both mad.


I think we're geniuses. Thanks Suaad!

No comments:

Post a Comment