Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 150 - purple Christmas stars


I was wandering through Checkers one September when I came across a number of gaudy Christmas decorations for sale. My first reaction was not a spluttering, outraged "Oh come on, it's only freaking September!" nor was it even a revolted "Good grief, those are kitsch". No, my first gut reaction was a delighted "Oooh! Earrings!" I promptly bought two of each of three of these outrageous baubles and swapped their fishing line hoops for French hooks. These are the smallest of the three.

They got lots of reactions on Wednesday when I wore them. One lady shouted across the street at me on my way to the train station that she loved my earrings. And a man in the lift of my office building also complimented me on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment