Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 47 - trippy glitter lattices


I got these from one of those cute little shops you see in every mall: the ones that seem to sell just about everything and you can't quite figure out what their focus is supposed to be. Without fail they have a little earring stand at the till. (By "little earring stand" I mean the stand is usually little, not that the stand is full of little earrings. Were that the case I would almost certainly overlook them with disdain.) Because of this, whatever I've gone in there to buy or peer at in bewilderment, it's just about guaranteed I will come out with a pair of earrings.

I like these because when the top lattice layer moves above the lower glitter layer it is quite a trippy effect. I was slightly mesmerised when I found them. In fact, since I'm currently rereading Terry Pratchett's Sourcery (among others), thinking about this effect now vaguely puts me in mind of the effect the Archchancellor's Hat has on people around it and so I blame the fact that I bought these entirely on the earrings themselves. I was bewitched and therefore cannot be held accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment