Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day 21 - banana leaves


I bought this pair from a street vendor, I think it was in Camps Bay. They're made from rolled banana leaves, surprisingly enough. Though my vet friend this evening was quick to point out that he's clipped toenails from cats with a similar shape. (You get used to remarks like that when you hang out with vets.) 

I've bought a fair number of things from street vendors over the years, because they often have stuff that is different from what you find in the shops. Especially when it comes to earrings.

Another great purchase, also from a street vendor in Camps Bay, is my Masai women painting, which I bought from a Malawian artist:


I love this painting for many reasons, not least of which is the colouring. And the fact that they kind of look like corkscrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment